OkCupid dating site is one of the most famous free online dating apps and sites. In this article, BingWiki will walk you through a detailed guide to t
OkCupid dating site is one of the most famous free online dating apps and sites. In this article, BingWiki will walk you through a detailed guide to this app.
What is OkCupid?
You can build a profile on the well-known dating app OkCupid and look for matches that fit your criteria. In order for possible matches to get to know you better, you can also answer questions about yourself. While the OkCupid dating site is free to use, it does offer a premium subscription option that provides you access to extra features, just like the majority of other dating apps.
This online dating app might be worth taking a look into for you if you value gender diversity, contentious political issues, and a lot of bells and whistles in your dating life. Furthermore, a large portion of the website can be visited for free, with many upgrades and boosts accessible for an extra cost. Some websites also claim to have a user base in the 50 million–100 million area, which, if accurate, would certainly draw our attention.
How does OkCupid work?
OkCupid functions similarly to Bumble and Tinder. You make a profile with your pictures and personal details. Your preferences for possible matches are then set up. Based on your interests, OkCupid will suggest prospective matches for you, and you can decide whether to like, SuperLike, message, or pass on each one.
To assist potential mates to understand more about you, you may add up to 10 images to your profile and respond to questions about who you are.
How to set up an OkCupid profile
You have a little bit of flexibility as to how you want to start using OkCupid because it is accessible on both mobile and desktop. You have the choice of signing up using an email address or linking your Facebook account, like the majority of other online dating services. Choose one of the two choices to proceed.
After signing up, adding a few basic details like your preferred gender, birthday, zip code, the duration of your ideal relationship, and a few other rudimentary details. After completing them, you’ll be able to edit your profile and start attracting attention.
OkCupid sign up and log in
- Use your web browser to go to the OkCupid website, www.okcupid.com. You only need to select your gender and orientation, then click Continue.
- Your birthdate, nation, ZIP code, and email are the next pieces of personal data that you must submit. Although OkCupid will never publish to your Facebook account, you can choose to sign in through Facebook for this stage. Enter your details and select Next if you want to sign up using Facebook, or choose Connect.
- The username and password for your profile must be chosen next.
- The next opportunity is for you to Kickstart your profile. Add a profile picture so that other users may see how you look. Keep in mind that using a superb photo will increase the likelihood that other users will view your profile. Additionally, you may add some crucial “About Me” details so that other OkCupid members can get a sense of who you are the moment they see you.
Get match on OkCupid dating site
We have here some tips that can make creating your Okc profile much less intimidating and much more enjoyable.
1/ Upload a variety of photos
People can learn more about you and your interests by seeing more of the images you upload. Start with a standalone photo, then include travel photos or images of you enjoying a pastime like cooking or even stamp collecting. That’s a good way for the OkCupid intro.
2/ Give your photos captions
Including a caption with your photo provides potential matches with a bit more background. Additionally, captioning your photos ensures that they will be found by OkCupid.
3/ Show support
People want to date those who share their concerns more than ever today. So be sure to mention it in your profile if you work for a local charity or support one. The #IStandWithPP profile button is already available to all people who support Planned Parenthood (and Planned Parenthood supporters) on OkCupid, making it even easier to connect over business causes. Watch this space for the charity that will be featured next!
4/ Upload photos were taken in the late afternoon
This one is a little secretive, but data indicates that it works. Late-afternoon photos posted by users receive more likes. Since OkCupid is the only dating app with features like Discovery that showcase who you are, now is the perfect moment to create your profile. You also have the information you need to create the best profile!
5/ Just be who you are.
Tell the truth about who you are, what you want, and what attracts you. Mention your faith if you practice it. Is there anything else they should know about you? Embrace it.
6/ Don’t use cliches.
Standard phrases like “I love to travel and embark on new adventures” or “I’m seeking for my partner in crime” are well-known to all of us. These phrases have been so overused that they essentially have no significance anymore. Instead, make an effort to be precise and provide instances of what you’re after.
How to delete OkCupid account
First, on the OkCupid website‘s home screen, click on your profile image in the top-right corner and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
“Need a Break?” can be found at the bottom of the settings page if you scroll down. Click Go Here if you want to disable or delete your OkCupid account. Delete your profile from the website so that nobody else can see it by clicking the yellow “Disable account” button, but allow OkCupid to save all of your information so that you only need to sign in to reactivate your account. If you want to entirely erase all of your data—including photos and messages—and start over if you ever decide to join OkCupid again, click the red Delete account button.
You’ll be asked by OkCupid why you want to delete your account. After making your choice, enter your password, add any optional remarks, and click the blue button. You’ll see a green check mark indicating that your OkCupid account has been successfully erased.
OkCupid customer service
They can assist you if you need hands-on technical assistance with a problem like a login issue, reporting an account, updating account settings, etc.
To access OkCupid customer service, you can visit their help page and search for your problems. Or email them at [email protected] if their help pages are unable to resolve your issue or provide you with an answer. Be patient over weekends and US holidays as they typically don’t work.
It’s important to note that phone assistance is not available on OkCupid. Scammers occasionally construct phony phone numbers for OkCupid customer care. Please refrain from calling these numbers or providing any personal information. OkCupid’s assistance page is frequently updated with useful information, and they also provide a contact form.
- OkCupid customer service: [email protected]
Is OkCupid a good dating site?
Singles looking for a cheap dating site should consider OkCupid. You have nothing to lose by trying OkCupid as you can make a profile, look for matches, and message people for free. If you’re serious about finding high-quality matches in that age range on OkCupid, switching to a premium membership can be a wise investment. OkCupid is particularly well-liked by singles in their 30s and 40s.
On Reddit, r/OkCupid has more than 200k members and some users even get engaged and married. Thus, this dating site is fairly legit for those looking for a serious relationship. This Reddit user has just got engaged to the man she met on the free dating site and people also sharing their OkCupid stories in the comments. You can click on the thread to read more about it.
What is the difference between OkCupid with other dating sites?
Although OkCupid and Tinder function similarly, their features diverge slightly. So let’s examine each of these online matchmakers’ characteristics in more detail:
- Sign Up: OkCupid and Tinder have slightly varied sign-up procedures. You must upload a few eye-catching photos to Tinder and compose a succinct self-introduction. In contrast, OkCupid requires that you complete a thorough questionnaire about your preferences for using the app.
- Tinder’s matchmaking technique is concentrated on finding users nearby, whereas OkCupid finds matches based on interests.
- First Impression: In order to initiate a message on Tinder, the other person must swipe right on you. On OkCupid, though, you may immediately send your match an excellent pickup line after liking their profile.
- As part of Bumble’s innovative approach to online dating, only women are allowed to start discussions. There are no restrictions on who can start a message on OkCupid.
- Because OkCupid provides read receipts for communications, you may tell when a match is active and worthwhile your time by looking at them.
- Bumble has a time limit on connections, but paying members can extend matches by 24 hours to increase the likelihood of success.
- Super Boost, a sophisticated amenity option on OkCupid, allows you to significantly enhance your match and interaction rates.
For singles from all around the world who need to improve their communications, Hinge is the greatest option. It is simple to strike up a chat with a potential mate because of the app’s interactive profile style. OkCupid website will make you happier if you want to date more casually when it comes to matching! It is now clear that the Hinge dating app has been successful in its goal of being female-focused. In fact, a whopping 57.1% of female users pay attention to them compared to 42.9% of male users. The results from OkCupid are the opposite: more men are present (62.4%), as opposed to women (37.6%).
OkCupid dating site is one of the most comprehensive sites out there. They offer 13 gender identities, and 22 sexual orientations, and even let you share your preferred pronouns. They also welcome polyamorous relationships (you can link your profiles together). The free version of OkCupid is rich. While some sites (like Match.com and Plenty of Fish) require you to pay to get access to compatibility ratings, OkCupid offers them for free. It’s gold, especially for singles on a frugal budget.
You may also like: Grindr Online Dating Review: Best Hookup App for Gay Men