World Made use of
3 Credit Hours
Reference Number: PHI 125 NR
Instructor: Dr . Maura Abrahamson
Office Location: 307 C
Phone Number: 708-656-8000 x 2313
E-mail: Maura. [email protected] edu
IMPORTANT COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY DATES
Program Start Date: | June 3rd, 2013
Course End Date: | July twenty fifth, 2013
MORTON COLLEGE CATALOG DESCRIPTION
This course compares the major world religions and thinks their significant contributions to world civilizations. This analyze includes Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Yoga, Jainism and Tribal beliefs.
MORTON SCHOOL LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student will certainly gain an understanding of the techniques religions had been first conceptualized, how they are practiced and why that they differ within a global framework. Furthermore, learners will be able to demonstrate where spiritual conflicts have taken place and exactly how they shape the world today. Students can gain a well-rounded knowledge of the basic principles that provide the inspiration for many from the world's beliefs. Finally, learners will gain the ability to figure out and prefer the development of suggestions and a well-honed sense of where we are in the history of humanity.
This course consists of a survey of globe religions with emphasis upon Hinduism, Yoga, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
NECESSARY TEXTS AND INSTRUCTIONAL COMPONENTS
Tillman, Suerte, and Thomas Scott Cason. World Religions. Jacksonville: Florida State University at Jacksonville, 2010. ISBN: 13: 978-1-931997-24-9 (print); 13: 978-1-93199740 being unfaithful (digital or in the bookstore) Martel, Yann. Life of Pi.
TASK DELTA LEARNING OUTCOMES
The primary objective of the course is to explore the niche matter of the field and also to become familiar with the vocabulary and concepts in the field.
At the time you finish this course, you will be able to
2. Read, analyze, organize, understand, and synthesize information about universe religions 2. Describe the historical fundamentals and primary religious numbers of the world' s key religions 5. Analyze the effect that universe religions experienced on societies and ethnicities throughout the progress civilizations 2. Analyze the impact that universe religions possess on each other as they exchange beliefs, persuits, and rituals
Specific Matter Learning Targets Specific learning objectives are simply within each chapter. Utilize objectives to spot what the section will cover and what you should find out when you are finished with the chapter. В In an extremely real perception, this is very much like skimming the head lines of a newspapers before you delve into a particular story. В The objectives offer you a basic structure for learning and understanding; however , don't limit your understanding or fascination to the aims.
LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (COURSE PLATFORM)
The online component of the program is shipped in a learning management system maintained the company.
* Please use the following checklist to ascertain your computer openness. You should own or have usage of * Pc with personal access to the Internet (e. g., laptop with a modem or cable television modem connection) * An e-mail accounts
* Web-browser software--at least Internet Explorer six. 0, Chrome 3. 0, Safari several. 1, or perhaps above 2. Windows XP, Landscape, or higher operating-system (or APPLE PC OS Times or higher) * Anti virus software
2. Word-processing software program
* Plugins, including Gymnast Reader, Expensive Player, and QuickTime 5. Additional hardware, including speakers and mic
FIRST WEEK OF CLASS
To receive credit for presence during the first days of class, you must send a great e-mail of introduction to your instructor. Additionally there is a discussion community forum during this first days where you will commence interaction with the classmates.